Saturday, September 28, 2013

PTI Make It Monday #133: Creating a Flocked Look with Dimensional Paste

We've been really busy, so I haven't done the MIM in awhile.  I didn't think I'd be able to do this week's challenge, given I don't have the right materials (but I ordered them already from Amazon for my next trip to the US!).  Shout out to my friend Cyndi who had some Gesso (which I NEVER heard of until this MIM) that I could borrow.  I was also really excited to play with the new Apple Stamp Set, which my husband just brought back from the US along with many other PTI goodies :)

I got an idea from another MIM entry (Jacquie used gold mist) and applied Primsa Glitter to my card before the gesso was dry.  Clearly this would have been a perfect snowflake card, but I was already set on the apple idea.  I used a piece of green scrap for my stencil, which I wasn't happy with given it left some green residue.  Next time I will definitely use the same color as the card.  Can't wait to try this again sometime!


4 comments:

  1. Great card! Nicely put together! That apple stamp is perfect on the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, this is SO adorably SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glittered look on your dimensional paste project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The glitter adds just the perfect touch to the white background!

    ReplyDelete