Saturday, August 23, 2014

SAF - Ancient Rome!!

Okay, 2nd challenge of the day...Ancient Rome.  We are already 1h 15m behind!!  We totally struggled with this :)  So Lizzie, thanks for keeping us challenged!  Emily gave up and already moved onto easier projects - ha!  Living outside the US without quick access to craft stores, we have found many challenges...I thought I was prepared, but our embossing paste is silver, not while (we used it anyway), our Foam Tape was NOT big enough to fit the mosaic die, and our xyron only fits paper 2.5" wide.  I have no idea how Lizze got her Xyron paper backing to stay on the paper...mine completely fell apart, so I ended up doing a puzzle, piece by piece.  But I was determined to finish!!!  I did however, fully give up on the mosaic background stamp.  After posting a question though, Lizzie was quick to reply with some tips, which I'll include here!!

Here are a few tips:
The border is the same scale as the patterned paper with the same pattern. You can place it on the patterned paper and then line up a gridded block to help keep you straight.
As you're stamping look down onto the image you stamped before it and see if the circle-y part looks like a circle. If not, it's probably off kilter.
You can create "waves" with this stamp, too. When using a gridded block, make sure that one of the lines goes through the center of the middle tile on both ends. That will help you stay straight.

  
Here are my 2 cards...and all my mosiac screw-ups, just in case anyone else out there is feeling frustrated :)



2 comments:

  1. Becky, you did a great job of working through the challenges! Thank you so much for sticking with it and sharing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzie! Despite the frustration, these were SUPER fun, and of course I realized about an hour ago I DID have foam in my Make-it-Market Shakers kit!! Doh!!

    ReplyDelete